X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should i get this cam?

i have been talking to someone about a cam and he said he had a 12hp. isky ground cam with 330 lift is that .330 and would i haft to do anything to my haed becouse of the lift? and he offered me $100.00 plus shipping is that a good deal or could i get $75 out of it? thanks wyatt

heres my thoughts on cams. if its cheap , why? is Isky or whoever known or have a good reputation making garden tractors pulling cams? or even has a following in GT pulling. theres allot more to a cam than just lift. duration, ramp speed, lobe centers. save your money and find a cam from some one that really understand GT pulling.

Comment

I agree. Save your money and buy a Vogel, Hackman, or Lakota.
      Its money well worth spent. I personly use Vogel cams but I have been
      hearing a lot good things about Greg Hackman and probably will give him
      a try with my Vtwin Im building.

Comment

Hackman cams for V-Twins. Running 2 V-Twins both with Hackman reground cams. As said before, moeny well spent.

Comment

ok thakyou! guys for all the help i will save my money and probably go to hackman but what cam should i go with or what type of ground?

Comment

I'm also run a Hackman cam. When you call him, tell him about your engine and he will recommend a cam for you.

Comment

A good all around cam thats easy on the valve train, esp. if your using stock length valves is Hackmans 275 lift (at the cam) with 256 duration. Runs good up to 7500 rpm.

Comment

Hackman camshaft page

http://smallenginesofseymour.com/camshafts.html

Comment

thanx you gys this really helps any advice is good oh i am rebiulding my motor any advice?

Comment

Working...
                  X