X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-twin Camshafts

I have been considering running a pure stock class in my local area, and was wondering what I can do for some more performance. Rules state that all the parts must be OEM. I am currently running a 20hp with completely stock bottom end, a Kohler plastic intake, adjustable rocker arms from a Kohler Courage, and 30hp heads. I am wondering if anyone knows what the camshaft profiles are for the Kohler Commands? I see that the 25hp and 30hp run a different part number camshaft, but visually looking at the cams I cannot see any difference. I do not have the tools to do proper measurements on the cams. After considering running the "stock" class I do not have the funds to build a competitive engine, so this class is my next option. Any help would be appreciated!

Profiles are the same, but the lobe centers vary. Use the 30hp cam and crank, and deck the heads a bunch to get some compression in the engine. You don't need the adjustable rocker arms with the hydraulic lifters, and don't run solid lifters against a stock cam since it was designed to be used with the hydraulic lifters. Should help your engine out the best for little money. Next step would be to give us a call for a better "stock" cam and put flat top pistons in it and an adjustable steel flywheel. As long as its 4000 RPM or less you won't need any stronger valve springs the stock ones will work good.

Comment

Working...
    X